Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Dawn at Karluv Most: blog of thanks to friends and inanimate objects.

I will one day compose a complete collection of photos entitled "In a setting where Jeremy seems small." Here we see No. 2.


I expressed much gratitude to the anonymous bird who had enough aesthetic sense to land so gracefully on the middle statue's head right as I snapped this photo. I exclaimed any old bird may have cluttered this photo but not you. Perfection.


A bit of construction work and sleepy eyes did not lessen the effect of this.










































(At 5.30 yesterday morning, thanks partially to jetlag but mostly to Charmaine Taylor, Jeremy and I rolled out of bed and then ran out into the Prague streets to see the Charles Bridge before it filled with people. We took the long way and walked along the Vltava getting us there just as the sun was rising. It was especially cold and I was surprised to see so many early risers & commuters. We stopped into a small bakery and had espressos and took whatever pastry we could point to and mumble in something that sounded like Czech and seem polite. Without all the vendors and sight hungry tourists we had the joy of experiencing all the saints (on the right hand side) personally. I apologized to a few for not brushing up on my Latin and not recalling having met them before.)

Lastly, I made sure not to snub the rusty waterworks in favor of our beloved bridge only. Just look how lovely they align.




No comments:

Post a Comment