The joke on the street is two men meet each other in town and say:
"Ahoj brother it has been a while! Is everything ok with you? You smell a bit worse than usual."
"Oh yes, everything's fine! It's just the Christmas carp! I haven't bathed all week."
I told my students I will not be indulging in this tradition. The sheer outrage I was met with shocked even the black cat that likes to wander into the classroom occasionally and learn an English word or two. I told them, I think carp is the least appetizing of fish not to mention that ugly mug of his. One of my students took a marker and traced the simple and universal symbol of fish and said, "it looks just like that...beautiful."
It seems I have been converted (at least in my respect towards others to observe in whatever manner they choose). To ease myself into the upcoming festivities, we did a trial run with carp-shaped chocolates from the market.
No comments:
Post a Comment